GLSEN Middle Tennessee's Jump-Start Team is a group of student leaders that work to create safe K-12 schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. To achieve this goal, the team organizes educational programs and actions in the community to promote inclusion, safety, and respect for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students, and their allies.
Jump-Start Team members must be:
- committed to safe schools
- committed to being part of an inclusive community
- responsible - able to follow-through on organizing tasks and commitments
- interested in developing/deepening leadership, organizing and facilitation skills
- collaborative - enjoy working with others
For more information, please contact Justin, our Jump-Start Adult Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To complete step 1 of the application process, simply fill out the following sections of this page and click “Submit Form.” A full team application form will be emailed to you within 24 hours. Please remember to check your email and spam box regularly for the application. Team applications are due September 9th and decisions will be made and communicated by the 16th.